From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Issue with disabling phoenix global index in lowercase
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:06:18 GMT

Please ignore my comments on schema, you¹re using namespace not Phoenix
schema. The JIRA I opened is PHOENIX-1442 for name upper case issue.

From:  Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 9:46 PM
To:  <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Issue with disabling phoenix global index in lowercase

Hello Vamsi,

First of all, when you create/alter index, please don¹t pass in schema for
index table name otherwise it will treat as part of the index table name.
Phoenix will automatically use data table schema name for the newly created
index table.

In addition, the issue you found is a bug and I¹ll create a JIRA on this.
Basically we double normalized the index table name so the index table name
becomes uppercase.

Thanks,
-Jeffrey