From Ravi Kiran <maghamraviki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Input Format for Map Reduce
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:54:36 GMT
Hi Gagan,

   The support for MR is a WIP. We are working on it and the first draft of
the code is at https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/23 . A preview of the
API is available at https://gist.github.com/mravi/501fa00b942764eb0dca.
   I have also created a new JIRA ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1454 for this.

   Regarding using the PhoenixInputFormat of the phoenix-pig module, you
will need to manually set few configuration parameters like the table name,
columns etc. Apparently, the integration of MR with the PhoenixInputFormat
of pig-module isn't a smooth one without lot of customizations.

Regards
Ravi