From Moustafa Aboul Atta <m.aboula...@gmail.com>
Subject Reading Numerical Values Written Through Hive
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:47:39 GMT
Hello, I have Hive running on top of HBase through org.apache.hadoop.
hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.

String columns on Hive are mapped to string columns on HBase mapped to
varchar columns on Phoenix
Numericals (INTs, BIGINTs) mapped to binary columns on Hbase mapped to
(INTEGER, BIGINT) on phoenix.

When I try to query through phoenix an already existing table on Hbase that
its data was inserted via Hive. Strings are read properly, however, any
numerical value is not. I am not sure what is the problem. It's not
overflow because types are configured properly. I suspect it may be a
problem with endianness but can't find any concrete lead. Values on Hbase
are stored as big endian.

Any insights will be highly appreciated. thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Moustafa Aboul Atta