From rajesh babu Chintaguntla <chrajeshbab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue creating phoenix local index on a HBase table created in a specific namespace
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:34:06 GMT
This issue is not just for local indexes and also indexes on views as well.
I will raise an issue and work on it if no one interested.

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.
On Nov 12, 2014 10:30 PM,"Vamsi Krishna" <vamsi.attluri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Alicia.
> Do you know if this feature 'creating local indexes in non-default
namespaces' is on the RoadMap?
> Is there any page which I can keep tracking to see when this feature will
be implemented?

> Vamsi Attluri.
>
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Alicia Shu <ashu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> Currently local index can only be created in default namespace.
>>
>> Alicia
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Vamsi Krishna <vamsi.attluri@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working with HDP 2.2.
>>>
>>> Hadoop: 2.6.0.2.2.0.0-1084
>>>
>>> HBase: 0.98.4.2.2.0.0-1084-hadoop2
>>>
>>> Phoenix: 4.2
>>>

>>> I created namespace 'TEST' in HBase.
>>> I created a table 'TABLE1' in Phoenix under namespace 'TEST' in HBase.
>>> When I try to create a local index on table 'TABLE1', i'm seeing an
error.
>>> Please refer to the sequence of events, commands & error in the below
table. You can also find the full stacktrace at the bottom of the email.

>>> Please help me resolve this issue.
>>>
>>> Hbase shell
>>>
>>> Phoenix command line interface
>>>
>>> Command
>>>
>>> Error
>>>
>>> create_namespace 'TEST'
>>>

>>> create table "TEST:TABLE1" (col1 varchar primary key, colfam1.col2
varchar, colfam1.col3 varchar);

>>> create local index "TEST:TABLE1INDX2" on "TEST:TABLE1"(colfam1.col3
desc);

>>> Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NamespaceNotFoundException:
_LOCAL_IDX_TEST

>>> Detailed Stacktrace:
>>>
>>> Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NamespaceNotFoundException:
_LOCAL_IDX_TEST

>>> at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.getNamespaceDescriptor(HMaster.java:3332)

>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:1781)
>>>
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:1911)
>>>
>>> at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:40470)

>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2078)
>>>
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:108)
>>>
>>> at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.FifoRpcScheduler$1.run(FifoRpcScheduler.java:74)

>>> at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>>>
>>> at
>>>
>>> at
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) (state=08000,code=101)
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Vamsi.
>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,