From Bill Q <bill.q....@gmail.com>
Subject Double value displayed wrong through Phoenix
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:06:50 GMT
Hi,
I just started using Phoenix. I use HBase 0.98.3 Java API to put some
double numbers in the table. But the value displayed through Squirrel and
Phoenix are different from what I put in.

If I use HBase Java API to get the value from those inserted rows, the
double values are correct. So, it seems to be a display issue with Squirrel
and Phoenix. For example, all the negative number has displayed as positive
number or really small negative number like -0.0005, etc.

I used DOUBLE as the column type when I created the table in Phoenix. And
used HBase Java API Bytes.toByte(double) in the Put to insert the row.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Bill