From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is there something like dual table in phoenix
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:13:39 GMT
Hi Noam,
The Phoenix JDBC driver is an embedded driver, so I wouldn't recommend
using a connection pool. The underlying HConnection to the cluster is
shared among all connections for the same client JVM, so creating new
connection has almost zero overhead (we're just instantiating a few
instances).

If you don't want to create your own DUAL table, you can always use
the SYSTEM.CATALOG table (with a LIMIT 1 clause).

Thanks,
James