From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RegionTooBusyException
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:29:21 GMT
If you salt your table (which pre-splits the table into SALT_BUCKETS
regions), by default your index will be salted and pre-split the same
way.

FWIW, you can also presplit your table and index using the SPLIT ON
(...) syntax: http://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#create_table

With the new stats feature in 3.2/4.2, salting tables is less
necessary and will likely decrease your overall cluster throughput.

Thanks,
James