From "Perko, Ralph J" <Ralph.Pe...@pnnl.gov>
Subject query timeouts
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:18:29 GMT
Hi,
When using the subquery feature I continually get, what appear to be, RPC timeout errors on
the larger queries.  Queries that only return a few results do great, returning in just a
few seconds, but queries that I expect to return 3 or 4K results are timing out.

Query:
select * from TABLE1 where (file_id,recnum) in (select file_id, recnum from TABLE1 where ipaddress
in(ip1,ip2,ip3,ip4));

Error: PhoenixIOException:  Failed after retry of OutOfOrderScannerNextException: was there
a rpc timeout?

I have tried setting both:

hbase.rpc.timeout=3600000
phoenix.query.timeoutMs=3600000

Both on the server and client and the settings aren't sticking

Questions:

1)      Are these the correct settings?

2)      On the client side I am using <phoenix-home>/bin/hbase-site.xml   - is that
correct?

Hbase 0.98
Phoenix 4.2
7B recs on 30 nodes