From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject RE: is there something like dual table in phoenix
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:20:49 GMT
We are using phoenix from weblogic j2ee server where standard data source is connection pool

-----Original Message-----
From: James Taylor [mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:14 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: is there something like dual table in phoenix

Hi Noam,
The Phoenix JDBC driver is an embedded driver, so I wouldn't recommend using a connection
pool. The underlying HConnection to the cluster is shared among all connections for the same
client JVM, so creating new connection has almost zero overhead (we're just instantiating
a few instances).

If you don't want to create your own DUAL table, you can always use the SYSTEM.CATALOG table
(with a LIMIT 1 clause).

Thanks,
James

confidentiality terms that can be reviewed here<http://www.teoco.com/email-disclaimer>.