From Anil Gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Double value displayed wrong through Phoenix
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 23:58:55 GMT
While writing data into HBase I would recommend you to use either Phoenix api or use PDataType
class of Phoenix. Phoenix serialization/deserialization is different from Bytes class.

Hope this helps,
Anil

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 22, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Bill Q <bill.q.hdp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I just started using Phoenix. I use HBase 0.98.3 Java API to put some double numbers
in the table. But the value displayed through Squirrel and Phoenix are different from what
I put in.

> If I use HBase Java API to get the value from those inserted rows, the double values
are correct. So, it seems to be a display issue with Squirrel and Phoenix. For example, all
the negative number has displayed as positive number or really small negative number like
-0.0005, etc.

> I used DOUBLE as the column type when I created the table in Phoenix. And used HBase
Java API Bytes.toByte(double) in the Put to insert the row.