From Liren Sun <sunliren2...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem after phoenix upgrade from 2.2.2 to 3.1
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 04:54:43 GMT
Hi,
We upgraded our phoenix today from 2.2.2 to 3.1. First the auto-upgrade was
not working in 3.1, so I did a upgrade from 2.2.2 to 3.0 first. Initial
connection to phoenix seems setting up the meta data, I can see the
upgraded table's attributes changed to new package, and I can see the table
schema through !table in sqline. Without make a query to the upgraded table
in 3.0, I upgraded to phoenix 3.1.
Then when I try to query the table, the query seems to take a lot time and
eventually die with this exception:
+----------------------+
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: Failed after attempts=14,
exceptions:
Wed Oct 15 02:44:54 UTC 2014,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable@da77dcf,
java.io.IOException: IPC server unable to read call parameters: Error in
readFields
Wed Oct 15 02:44:55 UTC 2014,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable@da77dcf,
java.io.IOException: IPC server unable to read call parameters: Error in
readFields

        at sqlline.SqlLine$IncrementalRows.hasNext(SqlLine.java:2440)
        at sqlline.SqlLine$TableOutputFormat.print(SqlLine.java:2074)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1735)
        at sqlline.SqlLine$Commands.execute(SqlLine.java:3683)
        at sqlline.SqlLine$Commands.sql(SqlLine.java:3584)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:821)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:699)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.mainWithInputRedirection(SqlLine.java:441)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:424)

I noticed the date type is changed to unsign_date. We have a date column in
our table rowkey, and it is the first column (there is a salt bucket key in
front of it). We use to_date function in where clause in our queries.

Thanks
Leo