From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Setting Configuration policy on table
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:45:12 GMT
Hi all,

I want to set the configuration on a HBase table like this:

alter 'table1', CONFIGURATION =>
{'hbase.hstore.defaultengine.compactionpolicy.class' =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.compactions.CustomCompactionPolicy'}

I am unable to get this working in Phoenix.

In a Create Table statement, I am setting this as follows:

CONFIGURATION='{'hbase.hstore.defaultengine.compactionpolicy.class' =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.compactions.CustomCompactionPolicy'}'

Error: ERROR 602 (42P00): Syntax error. Missing "EOF" at line 1, column
459. (state=42P00,code=602)

Has anyone sent a map down to HBase as a key:value from Phoenix?

Regards,
Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE