From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SALT_BUCKETS
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 12:40:17 GMT
Hi Arthur,

Each salt bucket results in a single region by default. You'll
probably want to have more than one region per region server, although
this can depend on a number of things. There's some good information
on choosing the appropriate number of regions here:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html

In any case, you'll want at least 5 buckets if you're working with 5
nodes, and it's a good idea to work in multiples of 5 (i.e. 5, 10, 15,
or 20) if you want to distribute the data relatively evenly over your
cluster.

- Gabriel

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com
<arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to use Phoenix to load in a very large transaction detail table (about 1TB), my
HBASE cluster has 5 nodes, I plan to create a SALTED TABLE for it.