From "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change default field delimiter from COMMA to SEMICOLON
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 07:00:30 GMT
Hi,

This is one of the option. But I wish to know what the correct -d parameter should be in command
line (the testing data set is of TB size)

regards
Arthur

On 9 Oct, 2014, at 1:06 pm, sunfl@certusnet.com.cn wrote:

> Maybe running a program to modify your CSV file to replace any SEMICOLON with COMMA shall
be more convinient.

> From: Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com
> Date: 2014-10-09 11:26
> To: user
> CC: Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com
> Subject: How to change default field delimiter from COMMA to SEMICOLON
> Hi,
>
> My CSV file uses semicolon as field delimiter, I tried to use -d ; but failed.
>

> 1) without -d parameter
> ./psql.py z1:/hbase -t NATION ../sample/NATION.csv
> 14/10/09 11:14:21 ERROR util.CSVCommonsLoader: Error upserting record [19;"SAUDI ARABIA";4;"fluffy
close warthogs into the fluffy gifts kindle silent permanent sauternes-- decoys hang slowly
into the sentiments! forges toward"]: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "19;"SAUDI
ARABIA";4;"fluffy close warthogs into the fluffy gifts kindle silent permanent sauternes--
decoys hang slowly into the sentiments! forges toward""

> 2) with -d parameter
> ./psql.py z1:/hbase -t NATION ../sample/NATION.csv -d ;

>  -d,--delimiter <arg>          Field delimiter for CSV loader. A digit is
>                                interpreted as 1 -> ctrl A, 2 -> ctrl B ...
>                                9 -> ctrl I.
>  -e,--escape-character <arg>   Escape character for CSV loader. A digit is
>                                interpreted as a control character
>

> CSV sample data:
> 0;"ARGENTINA";1;"ironic regular realms through the idly thin sauternes could eat boldly
regular daring warthogs-- daringly idle somas could have to lo"
> 1;"BRAZIL";1;"silently quiet realms haggle boldly slow ruthless platelets? even i"
> 2;"CANADA";1;"fluffy pinto beans until the asymptotes doze slowly even epitaphs! doggedly
busy excuses sublate carefully: quiet brave asymptotes boost sometimes on th"
> 9;"IRAN";4;"warthogs could poach even forges? bold bold attainments among the idly permanent
warhorses are permanently in place of the bravely fu"
> 10;"IRAQ";4;"blithe excuses should have to believe; silent busy notornis print toward
the slowly furious theodolites. even platelets serve bold ruthless tithes? shea"