Hi Sun,
The code snippet(PhoenixIndexBuilder#batchStarted) you have pointed out is not specific to local indexing, generic for any index. The main idea of the method is to keep the rows to index in block cache. So next time when ever scan the rows while preparing index updates we can get it from cache.
        // The entire purpose of this method impl is to get the existing rows for the
        // table rows being indexed into the block cache, as the index maintenance code
        // does a point scan per row

This gives good performance when a table has more than one index.  One more thing with psql tool we do upserts in batches and each batch have 1000 updates by default(if you don't specify any value to phoenix.mutate.batchSize). Lets suppose if all the rows are different we scan the region until we cache all the 1000 records. That's why
  hasMore = scanner.nextRaw(results);     //Here....  might be taking more time.
Can you tell me how many indexes you have created? One improvement we can do here is if we have only one index we can skip the scan in PhoenixIndexBuilder#batchStarted.

@James, currently we are scanning the data region while preparing index updates?why don't we prepare them without scanning data region if we can have get all index columns data from hooks?

bq. If someone had successfully done loading data through CsvBulkload using Spark and HDFS, please provide us more kindly suggesion.
Please refer "http://phoenix.apache.org/bulk_dataload.html#Loading via MapReduce" to run the bulkload from HDFS. Here we can pass index table to build as --index-table parameter.
But currently there is a problem with local indexing. I will raise an issue and work on it.

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.

recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by