From Sumanta Gh <sumanta...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix vs Trafodion
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:15:33 GMT
"The problem with Trafodion SQL tables is that they use a fixed format to
represent column values,

making it harder for native HBase applications to access them. Also, they
have a fixed structure,

so users lose the flexibility of dynamic columns that comes with HBase." -
as per their API Ref Guide.

In this regard, I have a question to Phoenix user group.

If I have a table with multiple dynamic columns and I do not know the
dynamic column names while querying, is it possible to fetch a complete
row (static + dynamic columns) in a single query?

Regards
Sumanta

From:   Flavio Pompermaier <pompermaier@okkam.it>
To:     user@phoenix.apache.org
Date:   09/12/2014 02:47 PM
Subject:        Re: Phoenix vs Trafodion

Yes, that was a strong poin in favour of Phoenix. But Trafodion tells that
they support transaction and that was interesting..
However it looks like a early-staging project, while Phoenix is much more
mature I think.
I've also read that Phoenix is going to support transaction in the
future..do you know when this is going to happen (more or less)?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>