From Tulasi Paradarami <research...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix on Amazon EMR
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 05:03:53 GMT
Yes, a blog post will be of great help especially considering its not clear when Amazon will
upgrade their default version to 3.x or 4.x

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 9:07 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Puneet. That's super helpful. Was (2) difficult to do? That might make an interesting
blog if you're up for it. I'd be happy to post on your behalf  if that's helpful.

> Thanks,
> James
>
>> On Monday, September 8, 2014, Puneet Kumar Ojha <puneet.kumar@pubmatic.com>
wrote:
>> See Comments Inline
>>
>> Thanks

Phoenix for a HBase store on Amazon EMR. EMR provides Phoenix 2.1.2 as the default installation
but I prefer to use 3x.---Use 3.x

>> Could someone clarify the following with regards to 2.1.2?
>> Does this version support bulk-loading capabilities? We expect to load more than
trillion rows, so, bulk-loader is a necessity.  Use-Can Phoenix 2.1.2 run on either Hadoop1
or Hadoop2? -No. Use 3.x for mapreduce uploaded.
>> Did anyone try installing Phoenix 3x using EMR's bootstrap action capabilities?-Yes....it
works.You will need to build client jar as per hadoop 2 version supported by AWS.
>> In the following arguments to the bulk loader, is port # required or optional? If
I'm using Hadoop2, should Resource Manager node be substituted for Job Tracker? -Yes.  You
will see the port details when u login to emr cluster.