From Vikas Agarwal <vi...@infoobjects.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix response time
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 06:34:40 GMT
Yes, that is why it is a trouble for me. However, on contrary, HBase shell
is also on the same machine and same environment, so if it is an issue of
resource (CPU or memory) it should have affected the HBase too, but HBase
is able to give me results within 0.0150 seconds. :(

No, I haven't tested it outside AWS. I guess, it should not be the case due
to much better performance by native HBase query on HBase shell.

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
wrote:

> Something is up in your environment. What version of Phoenix and HBase
> are you using and in what environment? Have you tried this locally,
> outside of AWS to compare?
>
> Take a look at our perf numbers, generated more-or-less daily, and
> which run over more data that what you're testing against:
> http://phoenix-bin.github.io/client/performance/phoenix-20140904095313.htm
>
> Some of these are point queries and they take in the neighborhood of
> 0.01 seconds.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Vikas Agarwal <vikas@infoobjects.com>
> wrote:
> > Missed to mention that count query (posted in my last mail) is also
> taking
> > very long time to return the count.
> >

> > On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Vikas Agarwal <vikas@infoobjects.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> As I mentioned, schema is nothing but bunch of fields (some being
> >> integers, longs and text) along with primary key (row key) and I am
> making
> >> simple query to get result for a particular primary key, nothing more
> than
> >> that.
> >>
> >> 0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> SELECT count(1) FROM table_name;

> >> |  COUNT(1)  |

> >> | 4667515    |

> >> 1 row selected (132.11 seconds)

> than 1