From Vikas Agarwal <vi...@infoobjects.com>
Subject Re: Issue in connecting with HBase using Hortonworks
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 17:16:24 GMT
Yes, I am using HDP 2.1 and installed Phoenix via yum and it installed
4.0.0 of phoenix. Added symlink to the phoenix-core*jar into
/usr/lib/hbase/lib and I did restart after these changes.

However, now, I am able to connect with HBase. Somehow, SYSTEM.CATALOG was
got created in one of my earlier attempts to connect phoenix to HBase and
it didn't contained the required region server information for phoenix to
work on. So, I deleted this table and hope phoenix to recreate it and it
did and connection also worked after that. :)