From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:37:49 GMT
I was getting those same Perm OOM errors, but when inspecting the log4j
errors from Squirrel I also get a lot of ClassNotFound errors before that.
 This didn't seem to fix it for me.

I am running Squirrel on CentOS 6.5, Java 1.7u55  Thanks for the suggestion
though.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Abe,
>
> Could you confirm if the issue you were running into with the "List
> Drivers" functionality in Squirrel was the same as this:
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/phoenix-user/201408.mbox/%3CCAA5C_psroro3u7o8ns=K8FGeS0JGrn-KvFX4OFkyWCtvwsy6pw@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> If so, could you say what your client platform is? If you were having
> the same issue, we should probably update the documentation on using
> Squirrel to include information if you're running on a platform where
> this is an issue.
>
> - Gabriel
>

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Abe Weinograd <abe@flonet.com> wrote:
> > Hi Anil,
> >
> > Here is what i did.
> >
> > 1.  Installed DBVis Free 9.1.10
> > 2.  Opened it and went to Tools->Driver Manager
> > 3.  Added new driver.
> >     a.  Gave it a name, set the URL format of jdbc:phoenix:localhost
> >     b.  In the Driver File Paths, click the Open file Icon and selected
> the
> > appropriate client jar
> >          For me, that was hadoop2/phoenix-4.1.0-client-hadoop2.jar
> >     c.  DBVis scanned the jar and automatically found the Class of the
> > driver.
> > 4.  Creating a connection
> >     a.  I created a connection using the Wizard
> >     b.  Select the new driver created above
> >     c.  The DB URL is the standard Phoenix JDBC URL in the for
> > jdbc:phoenix:<zookeeper quorom>
> >
> > That's it.  It was easy/simple.  The only oddity i found with Squirrel
> was
> > that i had to hand type the class instead of clicking List Drivers which
> > required me to kill Squirrel.
> >
> > Abe
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Abe,
> >>
> >> Nice that you go it working. It would be great if you can provide steps
> >> use Phoenix with DB Visualizer.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Anil Gupta

> fine.  DB

> reference

> jamestaylor@apache.org>

Squirrel

> behavior.

> lib

> mujtaba@apache.org>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.1.0-rc1/bin/ with

HBase to

> as
 Looking at
> the
> am

lib and that was
> will

However, there
> seems
> reason.
I'll follow it up on

of the following
setting to true

work if there
of the hadoop2
what. Can you let
> me
you?

> http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html#hbase.defaults.for.version.skip

Wagle

HBase running with the

> /Applications/SQuirreLSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-client.jar

> be
version is

> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:262)

of the client jar
> is
lib, without any
a hbase-site to the