From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:08:31 GMT
Hi Anil,

Here is what i did.

1.  Installed DBVis Free 9.1.10
2.  Opened it and went to Tools->Driver Manager
3.  Added new driver.
    a.  Gave it a name, set the URL format of jdbc:phoenix:localhost
    b.  In the Driver File Paths, click the Open file Icon and selected the
appropriate client jar
         For me, that was hadoop2/phoenix-4.1.0-client-hadoop2.jar
    c.  DBVis scanned the jar and automatically found the Class of the
driver.
4.  Creating a connection
    a.  I created a connection using the Wizard
    b.  Select the new driver created above
    c.  The DB URL is the standard Phoenix JDBC URL in the for
jdbc:phoenix:<zookeeper quorom>

That's it.  It was easy/simple.  The only oddity i found with Squirrel was
that i had to hand type the class instead of clicking List Drivers which
required me to kill Squirrel.

Abe

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Abe,
>
> Nice that you go it working. It would be great if you can provide steps to
> use Phoenix with DB Visualizer.
>
> Thanks,
> Anil Gupta
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Abe Weinograd <abe@flonet.com> wrote:
>
>> Update:  List Drivers in Squirrel 3.5.3 still doen't work.  If i just
>> type in the class name myself, hit OK and try to connect, it works fine.
>>  DB Visualizer works too.
>>
>> Abe
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Abe Weinograd <abe@flonet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also, I triple checked the classpath from the process it self and it
>>> looks good.  Doesn't seem to matter where the client jar is when i
>>> reference it while creating the Driver in Squirrel.
>>>
>>> Abe

SQuirreL that
from