From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject row qualifier issue
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:35:09 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to figure out an issue which I think is based on how we are

We are loading data via a Map Reduce process into HFiles.  We haven't been
adding anything for the qualifier column _0 and our performance has
suffered.  Thanks to a quick look from a colleague, we noticed that it
wasn't there. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this, but what
should we actually put in the value for the qualifier?  Looking at the
Phoenix code base it looks like the value should be Bytes.toBytes(_0).  If
this changes will we have issues going forward?  Does it matter what the
value is?

Also, would we get better performance having the row qualifier in a
different column family than all of our other columns for performance
reasons?

I would think that the _0 would be first int he column list, but when i do
a scan in the HBase shell it comes up last.  Is that right?  Our columns
don't start with anything that would make this appear this way.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Is there somewhere i can read up on
anything I may be missing here?

Thanks,
Abe