From Arbi Akhina <arbi.akh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix is changing the meta-information of HBase tables
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:12:25 GMT

> Hi, I'm trying to use Apache Phoenix <http://phoenix.apache.org/> to run
> SQL queries on HBase tables. Based on the official documetation
> <http://phoenix.apache.org/#schema>, a schema need to be created for
> existing tables with the SQL query:
>
> CREATE TABLE TABLE_NAME (....)
>
>  I tried to avoid this by directly connecting to an existing table
> (created with HBase API) through the phoenix API but I was getting
> exceptions. The thing is when Phoenix executes this query, it creates a lot
> of things on the table. For instance, in the *tables* section of the
> hbase dashboard, I can see the following meta-data added by phoenix to my
> table:
>
> 'QUOTES', {METHOD => 'table_att', coprocessor$1 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.ScanRegionObserver|1|',
coprocessor$2 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver|1|',
coprocessor$3 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObserver|1|', coprocessor$4
=> '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.ServerCachingEndpointImpl|1|', coprocessor$5 =>
'|org.apache.phoenix.hbase.index.Indexer|1073741823|index.builder=org.apache.phoenix.index.PhoenixIndexBuilder,org.apache.hadoop.hbase.index.codec.class=org.apache.phoenix.index.PhoenixIndexCodec'},
{NAME => '0', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'true'}