From Krishna <research...@gmail.com>
Subject Recreating SYSTEM.CATALOG metadata
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:56:12 GMT
Hi,

When I restore hbase from a backup, sqlline gets stuck unless
SYSTEM.CATALOG table is dropped. It is automatically re-created via
sqlline. However, metadata of previously created phoenix tables is lost.

So, to restore the metadata, when a 'CREATE TABLE' statement is re-issued,
Phoenix takes very, very long time to execute which I think, is because
Phoenix is upserting null value for _0 column qualifier again for every row
(billions of rows in the table).

Is there a work-around for this by somehow telling Phoenix that the
underlying table is already a Phoenix table? Using views is not an option
here. If my understanding is wrong, any pointers as to why it takes so long
for executing 'CREATE TABLE' statement is appreciated.

Thanks