From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: row qualifier issue
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:21:51 GMT
Hi Abe,
You'll get best performance if you put the empty key value in the same
column family as your other column qualifiers (the ones you most
frequently filter on in your where clause). The column qualifier
should be named _0 and the value should be an empty byte array.

FYI, if you have an HBase table, but no Phoenix table yet, you can
issue a CREATE TABLE call using the HBase table name and Phoenix will
automatically add this empty key value for you.

Thanks,
James