From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recreating SYSTEM.CATALOG metadata
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 00:09:23 GMT
Hi Krishna,
Any reason why the SYSTEM.CATALOG hbase table isn't restored as well
from backup? Yes, if you try to re-create the SYSTEM.CATALOG by
re-issuing your DDL statement, Phoenix won't know that the tables were
Phoenix tables before, so will try to add the empty key value to each
row. It's possible that an option could be made to avoid this, but
it'd be good to understand a bit more why this is needed.
Thanks,
James