From yeshwanth kumar <yeshwant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix response time
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 13:10:24 GMT
hi vikas,

we used phoenix on a 4 core/23Gb machine, as a single node setup.
used HDP 2.1
our table has 50-70M rows,
select on that table took less than 2 seconds.
Aggregation queries took less than 8 seconds.
for achieving good performance we created secondary index on the table.

make sure you finetuned hbase,
enabling compression on the data makes a difference in response.
if u distribute the data and load over all regions in hbase,
look at the performance tips mentioned in phoenix blog

-yeshwanth

Cheers,
Yeshwanth