From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: anyone relying on hadoop1 still?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:54:55 GMT
At the very least we could make hadoop2 the default target in 4.x.
Seems fair to remove all the cruft from the 4 branch, too.

There's still a fair amount of usage of HBase 0.94 on top of Hadoop 1.
So maybe keep it alive in 3.0? 3.0 can be retired when HBase 0.94 is retired (although I have
no plans for 0.94 retirement, yet).

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
To: "dev@phoenix.apache.org" <dev@phoenix.apache.org>; user <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 10:19 PM
Subject: anyone relying on hadoop1 still?

Hello,
We've been planning on dropping hadoop1 support for our 4.x releases
for a while now and it looks like it'll happen in 4.2. It'd be nice if
we could do the same for our 3.x releases, as the more similar the two
branches are, the less time it takes to keep them in sync.

Is anyone out there still relying on hadoop1 support for future 3.x releases?

Thanks,
James