From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 01:53:56 GMT

Hey Yeshwanth,

Could you check if the index¹s INDEX_STATE is set to OEa¹(active) or still be
OEb¹(building)? Since there is not much error info, I guess the error is
thrown from cleanup phase after index data had been built.

Thanks,
-Jeffrey

From:  yeshwanth kumar <yeshwanth43@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM
To:  <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

hi Jeffrey,

that was the only error i saw in the regionserver logs,

after the exception i made a count on index table and the main table ,
both counts are equal and whenever i update some values in main table,
index is getting updated
describe of main table on hbase shell gives the phoenix index coprocessor
details.

evenafter getting the errorcode index is working,
i don't understand this behavior.

as the index table is getting larger and larger while indexing, it is
compacting as well,

any suggestions?

thanks,
yeshwanth