From Abhilash L L <abhil...@capillarytech.com>
Subject Re: Error when try to create mutable secondary index...
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 08:40:53 GMT
Really sorry, shared the wrong config

<property>
  <name>hbase.regionserver.wal.codec</name>
  <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.IndexedWALEditCodec</value>
</property>

Regards,
Abhilash L L
Capillary Technologies
M:919886208262
abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com

Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
 Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy
<http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
Sender if you have received this email in error.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Saravanan A <asaravanan@alphaworkz.com>
wrote:

> Hi Abhilash,
>
> Thanks for the replay...i included above property and restarted the region
> servers but still am getting the same error...
>

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Abhilash L L <abhilash@capillarytech.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Saravanan,
>>
>>     Please check the Setup section here
>>
>> http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html
>>
>>    You will need to add this config to all Region Servers in hbase-site.
>> xml, as the error says as well (You will need to restart the servers after
>> the change)
>>

>> <property>
>>   <name>hbase.region.server.rpc.scheduler.factory.class</name>
>>   <value>org.apache.phoenix.hbase.index.ipc.PhoenixIndexRpcSchedulerFactory</value>
>>   <description>Factory to create the Phoenix RPC Scheduler that knows to put
index updates into index queues</description>
>> </property>
>>

>> Regards,
>> Abhilash L L
>> Capillary Technologies
>> M:919886208262
>> abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com
>>
>> Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy
>> of  Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
>> Corporate-Email-Policy
>> <http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
>> for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
>> Sender if you have received this email in error.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Saravanan A <asaravanan@alphaworkz.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     I have a table in hbase and created view in phoenix and try to
>>> create index on a column on the view..but i got following error..
>>>
>>> Error: ERROR 1029 (42Y88): Mutable secondary indexes must have the
>>> hbase.regionserver.wal.codec property set to
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.IndexedWALEditCodec in the
>>> hbase-sites.xml of every region server tableName=tab2_col4