From Dan Di Spaltro <dan.dispal...@gmail.com>
Subject ManagedTests and 4.1.0-RC1
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 05:49:21 GMT
I inherit from the BaseHBaseManagedTimeIT and implement my own tests using
the infrastructure you've put together.  It's worked pretty well, minus the
fact I use an Ivy resolver which doesn't deal with jarless pom's well.

So I've upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 and ran into a single issue that looks
related to Tracing, and I can't really figure it out.  When I start the
cluster everything works as expected but after I am done creating tables
like clockwork I get this:

58062 [defaultRpcServer.handler=2,queue=0,port=53950] WARN
 org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer  -
defaultRpcServer.handler=2,queue=0,port=53950: caught:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: offset (0) + length (4) exceed the
capacity of the array: 3
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.explainWrongLengthOrOffset(Bytes.java:600)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.toInt(Bytes.java:749)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.toInt(Bytes.java:725)
at
org.apache.phoenix.trace.TracingCompat.readAnnotation(TracingCompat.java:56)
 at
org.apache.phoenix.trace.TraceMetricSource.receiveSpan(TraceMetricSource.java:121)
at org.cloudera.htrace.Tracer.deliver(Tracer.java:81)
 at org.cloudera.htrace.impl.MilliSpan.stop(MilliSpan.java:70)
at org.cloudera.htrace.TraceScope.close(TraceScope.java:70)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:106)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:114)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:94)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

And the test just stops, which I imagine is a byproduct of this exception.
 I inspected at this point and there are two traces the one it throws on is
the key is "user" and value is my username. It's trying to convert it to an
int
return new Pair<String, String>(new String(key),
Integer.toString(Bytes.toInt(value)));

Any ideas?

-Dan

--