From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:52:11 GMT
Were you able to get this to work?  I just upgraded HBase to 0.98.1
(CDH5.1) and also to Phoenix 4.0 from 3.0 using the incubating release.
Sqlline seems to work fine.

I tried using the client jar in the downloadable binaries which as you
said, doesn't work.  Rebuilding from scratch didn't help either.  I
included my hbase-site.xml which also didn't help.  Looking at the Squirrel
log4j logs, when i included the larger 4.0 incubating client, i am getting
a lot of ClassDefNotFound errors around junit and mockito.

I did try using the client-without-hbase and then individually deploy the
hbase and other necessary jars to the Squirrel lib and that was able to
connect.  I need to package this easily, so doing it that way will be
difficult.

Oddly it seems that the hadoop1 jar works by itself, but that doesn't make
sense as we are using hadoop 2.3.

Is there anything i am missing here?

Thanks,
Abe