From Abhilash L L <abhil...@capillarytech.com>
Subject Re: Issue with index selection
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 04:17:19 GMT
Thanks James, its picking up the indexes as expected with phoenix 3.

We have integrated phoenix 3 in our code paths.

Also, I checked out the 3.0.0 tag. Saw that for hadoop 2, its compiled
against hadoop 2.0.4 alpha.
We are using hadoop 2.4 and hbase 94.18. Would it be fine if we compiled
against 2.4?

Regards,
Abhilash L L
Capillary Technologies
M:919886208262
abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com

Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
 Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy
<http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
Sender if you have received this email in error.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Abhilash L L <abhilash@capillarytech.com>
wrote:

> We thought phoenix 3.x is for hbase 96+ which isnt supported on amazon
> emr.
>
> Just now saw that it works on 94.x onwards..  we will be testing that, and
> if that works will be switching to phoenix 3.
>
> Will update the thread once we are done.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Regards,
> Abhilash L L
> Capillary Technologies
> M:919886208262
> abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com
>
> Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy
> of  Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
> Corporate-Email-Policy
> <http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
> for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
> Sender if you have received this email in error.
>

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd recommend upgrading to 3.0 as these issues (and many more) have
>> already been fixed. It's an easy transition from 2.2.3 to 3.0. We have
>> an upgrade process in place documented here:
>> http://phoenix.apache.org/upgrade_from_2_2.html
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Abhilash L L
>> <abhilash@capillarytech.com> wrote:
>> > Also the index name doesnt honor the quoted name passed. It creates the
>> > index table with upper case name
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> > Abhilash L L
>> > Capillary Technologies
>> > M:919886208262
>> > abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com
>> >
>> > Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official
>> policy of
>> > Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
>> > Corporate-Email-Policy for details. Contents of this email are
>> confidential.
>> > Please contact the Sender if you have received this email in error.
>> >

>> > On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Abhilash L L <
>> abhilash@capillarytech.com>

>> policy
>> confidential.

BY