From Steve Terrell <sterr...@oculus360.us>
Subject Query Finds No Rows When USing Multiple Column Families
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:07:58 GMT
Hi,

Can someone tell me if this is a bug or my misunderstanding of how column
families are handled in Phoenix?

My table schema:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS FAMILY_TEST (
  NUM1 INTEGER NOT NULL,
  AA.NUM2 INTEGER,
  BB.NUM3 INTEGER,
  CONSTRAINT my_pk PRIMARY KEY (NUM1));

I populated it with one row, assigning 1 to each field.  I can verify that
the record is there, but I can not get a simple expression working that
uses fields across two column families:

SELECT * FROM FAMILY_TEST;
      NUM1       NUM2       NUM3
---------- ---------- ----------
         1          1          1
Time: 0.038 sec(s)

SELECT * FROM FAMILY_TEST WHERE NUM2=1 AND NUM3=1;
no rows selected
Time: 0.039 sec(s)

I understand that columns to be queried together should usually be in the
same column family for efficiency, but I did not expect my second query to
not work at all.  Or if it is not supported, I would expect an error.  I
get the same results if I use *AA.*NUM2 and *BB.*NUM3 as well.

I am using Phoenix 3.0.0.

Thank you,
    Steve