From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Error connecting through SQuirrel
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:11:23 GMT
Hi,

I am connecting from my Mac to remote HBase running with the core phoenix
jar. I have put the client jar file at,
/Applications/SQuirreLSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-client.jar

]# rpm -qa | grep hbase
hbase-0.98.0.2.1.3.0-563.el6.noarch

Exception:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old
version of HBase (0.98.1-hadoop1), this version is 0.98.1-hadoop2
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:262)

I read on another thread that the location of the client jar is wrong and
that it should be in the internal squirrel lib, without any hint of where
that is. Is there a property to provide a hbase-site to the client?

Best Regards,
Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE