From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: monitoring
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:34:27 GMT
I was working on a patch to support using Cloudera's HTrace (
https://github.com/cloudera/htrace) library for phoenix queries. There was
a preliminary patch for the 2.X series, but it never got committed. Two
weeks ago I almost finished porting it to the 4.X line, but haven't
finished the piece that will support Hadoop1*. I can't seem to find the
JIRA right now though...

I've gotten sidetracked on some internal work, so probably not going to
have time to wrap it up for a couple weeks.

-J

* It uses the Hadoop metrics2 library to collect the traces and then has a
default implementation (as a metrics sink) that writes them to a phoenix
table so it can be analyzed later. Because of the changes between Hadoop1
and 2, there is some reflection funkiness that is necessary to support
both, but just haven't finished the hadoop1 side of it.
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com