From Dmitry Goldenberg <dgoldenb...@kmwllc.com>
Subject Keep getting ZK Client session timed out, Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 03:45:28 GMT
We're seeing this while trying to connect to HBase on machine A from
machine B.  When going from A to A there's no problem.

We're using Phoenix 4.0.0, HBase 0.98.2, running on Hadoop 2.4.0 in
pseudo-distributed mode. HBase has not been secured yet.

Machine B fails to establish a connection with A's Phoenix/HBase and
execute SQL.

Messages such as what's included below (at the end), keep repeating in the
log.

Anyone have any idea how to fix or work around this?  I see 3 JIRA tickets
in Zookeeper for related things

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1623 (open)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1550 (resolved)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1510 (resolved)

Is there anything I can do perhaps in HBase configs to get this working?
Could there be something wrong with the quorum? I see quorum=
server1.myco.com:2181 in the messages; our hbase-site.xml has:

 <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>server1.myco.com</value>
  </property>

Thanks.

--

INFO  ClientCnxn - Client session timed out, have not heard from server in
91010ms for sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection and attempting

INFO  ClientCnxn - Opening socket connection to server
ec2-xxxxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com/xxxxxxx:2181. Will not attempt to
authenticate using SASL (java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a
login configuration)

INFO  ClientCnxn - Client session timed out, have not heard from server in
90005ms for sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect

WARN  RecoverableZooKeeper - Possibly transient ZooKeeper, quorum=
server1.myco.com:2181,
exception=org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase

INFO  RetryCounter - Sleeping 1000ms before retry #0...

INFO  ClientCnxn - Opening socket connection to server
ec2-xxxxxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com/xxxxxxx:2181. Will not attempt to
authenticate using SASL (java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a
login configuration)

INFO  ClientCnxn - Client session timed out, have not heard from server in
91009ms for sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection and attempting