From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:55:28 GMT
Hi Sid,

The location of the jar file looks correct. However, there seems to be
an issue with the build of hadoop2 phoenix-client jar -- the
hbase-default.xml in that jar refers to hadoop1 for some reason. I'm
not sure how that would have happened, but I'll follow it up on the
dev list.

For now, I can think of two options (either of the following should work):
* Add an hbase-site.xml file in the lib directory of SQuirreL that
sets the hbase.defaults.for.version.skip [1] setting to true
* Rebuild the 4.0 release (git tag v4.0.0-incubating-release) from
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/phoenix.git using the
-Dhadoop.profile=2 flag (i.e. git checkout v4.0.0-incubating-release;
mvn clean package -Dhadoop.profile=2 -DskipTests)

There is a chance that the first option won't work if there really is
something fundamentally wrong with the build of the hadoop2 version,
but the second option should work no matter what. Can you let me know
if either of these does or doesn't work for you?

1. http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html#hbase.defaults.for.version.skip