From Randy Martin <Randy.Mar...@ds-iq.com>
Subject Location protocol error in Pig using Phoenix 3.0
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:19:24 GMT
I am getting the following error when issuing a Store command in Pig:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Location must use the hbase protocol, hbase://tableName[/columnList].
Supplied location=file:/tmp/temp-172455017/tmp1219147161

The code is very simple, loading from a file and storing to a Phoenix table.

REGISTER phoenix-3.0.0-incubating-client.jar

set hbase.zookeeper.quorum ='$zk';

Staging = LOAD '$filename' USING PigStorage('|') as (Column1:int);

TempStaging = LIMIT Staging 1;

LoadProducts = FOREACH TempStaging GENERATE (int)Column1 AS Column1:int, CurrentTime() AS
UpdateTime:datetime;

--DUMP Loading;

STORE LoadProducts

    INTO 'hbase://SCHEMA.TABLE/COLUMN1,CF.COLUMN2'

    using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseStorage('$zk','-batchSize 5000');

Search points to SetStoreLocation, where it is evaluating the URI on the INTO clause.  The
error implies that I gave SetStoreLocation the Load location not the Store location.

Any help would be appreciated.
Randy