From Kiru Pakkirisamy <kirupakkiris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HDP 2.1 sandbox and Phoenix 4.0.0
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 07:09:37 GMT
Awesome.. that did it. Thanks Giuseppe
(I hope the search engines index this.. I saw quite a few people have this issue and no reliable
solution..atleast it did not work for me)

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com

________________________________
 From: Giuseppe Reina <g.reina@gmail.com>
To: user@phoenix.apache.org; Kiru Pakkirisamy <kirupakkirisamy@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2014 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: HDP 2.1 sandbox and Phoenix 4.0.0

Hi Kiru,
   if I'm not mistaken the default hbase znode in HDP 2.1 should be either /hbase-unsecure
or /hbase-secure (depending on whether you are activated Kerberos or not).
Try to launch sqlline with:

 sqlline.py <zookeeper quorum>:/hbase-unsecure

or

 sqlline.py <zookeeper quorum>:/hbase-secure

- Giuseppe

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Kiru Pakkirisamy <kirupakkirisamy@yahoo.com> wrote:

I get this error when I run sqlline.py
>I followed the directions here - http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-phoenix.html
>

>Any pointers ?
>

>14/07/06 19:38:06 ERROR client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: The node /hbase
is not in ZooKeeper. It should have been written by the master. Check the value configured
in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.