From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting via SquirrelSQL
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 23:00:12 GMT
Alright, I have tried with the latest 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. I first simply
updated the jar in SquirrelSQL driver, now get a basically a timeout issue.
Looking at the Hbase master logs I see the following error, even after
pushing the updated phoenix jar to the Hbase region servers and restarting
Hbase. Any idea of what I might be missing now?

Connect string: jdbc:phoenix:zk host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal

Hbase master log
2014-06-10 16:55:35,909 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseServer: IPC Server
listener on 60000: readAndProcess threw exception
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
required. Count of bytes read: 0
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
required
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureServer$SecureConnection.readAndProcess(SecureServer.java:435)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener.doRead(HBaseServer.java:748)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(HBaseServer.java:539)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener$Reader.run(HBaseServer.java:514)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)