From Alex Kamil <alex.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix connection never returns
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 04:09:23 GMT
well, I'd chk a few things:
- enable logger on the client to see if there are any exceptions  - Logger.
getRootLogger().setLevel(Level.DEBUG);
- chk if hbase is alive, if there are any errors in the hbase logs, if you
can access hbase master url, or hbase shell without issues,
- see if you can connect with sqlline locally,
- if you are connecting from this client machine for the first time, make
sure /etc/hosts has the ip address of zookeeper quorum used by hbase