From Abhilash L L <abhil...@capillarytech.com>
Subject Issue with index selection
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:25:43 GMT
Hello,

   Seems like there is an issue in index selection when the columns
involved are case sensitive. Here is an example from the one of the slides.

CREATE TABLE baby_names (
    name VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY,
    occurrences BIGINT);

CREATE INDEX baby_names_idx ON baby_names(occurrences);

explain SELECT name, occurrences FROM baby_names WHERE occurrences > 100;
*-- CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY RANGE SCAN OVER BABY_NAMES_IDX [1E+2] - [*]*

CREATE TABLE baby_names (
    "name" VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY,
    "occurrences" BIGINT);

CREATE INDEX baby_names_idx ON baby_names("occurrences");

explain SELECT "name", "occurrences" FROM baby_names WHERE "occurrences" >
100;
*-- CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER BABY_NAMES SERVER FILTER BY
occurrences > 100*

We would like to run a patched version of phoenix for now, since we are
nearing our release date. Would help us a great deal if someone can point
us to the class where the index selection is being done.

Regards,
Abhilash L L
Capillary Technologies
M:919886208262
abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com

Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
 Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy
<http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
Sender if you have received this email in error.

--
Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy for details.Contents of this email are confidential.
Please contact the Sender if you have received this email in error.