From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query HBase column/row timestamp
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 07:26:12 GMT
Hi Justin,
What Jeffrey said is accurate. It would not be difficult to add a new
built-in function for this purpose, but it's ambiguous as far as which
KeyValue you'd use to get the timestamp as there is no "row"
timestamp. Would you filter all columns against the timestamp? If all
KeyValues for a row are filtered, would the entire row be filtered?
How would this be specified in SQL?

If you're interested, maybe take a stab at defining how it would work
and file a JIRA?

Thanks,
James