Hi Alex,

I do not see any updates in "phoenix with tableau" connection.

Is the any ODBC driver yet for phoenix?

Regards,
Dhaval

On May 31, 2014 9:43 PM, "alex kamil" <alex.kamil@gmail.com> wrote:

Feng, I believe this is work in progress, see these threads:
Phoenix with Mondrian
Phoenix with Tableau

Alex

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Feng Wang <wfeng198209@gmail.com> wrote:
can you do the query with phoenix mondrian? now I found the same problem. mondrian 3.6.1

在 2013年3月10日星期日UTC+8上午12时03分59秒,Karthikeyan Muthukumarasamy写道:
Hi,
Has anyone tried Phoenix with Pentaho Mondrian?
In our product, we use the community edition of Pentaho Mondrian as an embedded OLAP engine and have our own OLAP framework built over this.
Our core data processing is all in Hadoop/HBase and just before the OLAP part, we are now importing all the marts from HBase into an RDBMS (now Oracle), just because Mondrian cannot take data directly from Hadoop/HBase.
I have tried the Hive interface in the past but the latency is unbearable!
PS: I understand that phoenix today doesnt support Joins and hence would use the degenerate dimension feature in Mondrian to have a flattened out fact table with contains dimensions in itself. Actually, in HBase thats how we would maintain it anyway!
Phoenix itself looks fine as a JDBC layer but when I integrate phoenix driver with Mondrian, Phoenix is not able to understand the SQL that Mondrian generates.
When I looked into the SQL query its mainly use of apostrophe (') before and after attributes and a mention of table name as itself (like in "select 'sales'.'month' as 'c0' from 'sales' as 'sales' group by 'sales'.'month' order by CASE WHEN 'sales'.'month' IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END, 'sales'.'month' ASC") which is not acceptable to Mondrian. When I take the query, modify it by removing apostrophe and the use of "as sales" and execute it in Squirrel SQL client, it works fine in Phoenix.

Now my question is:
I understand that I can built a dialect layer for Phoenix in Mondrian (if its not available!!!) and make these small modifications to the SQL query generated by Mondrian. If I do that, does this mean by using degenerate dimensions, we can make Mondrian work with Phoenix? or am I missing something here?

Thanks & Regards
MK