From alex kamil <alex.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix and SQL In clauses
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 17:53:27 GMT
Dmitry,
we've tried something similar, on a table with a few hundreds of VARCHAR
columns getting   >30k items in IN clause was starting to exceed 60 sec, if
I remember correctly,
it basically becomes an IO bottleneck getting the huge resultsets back to
the client

this was a workaround we used before JOINs became available in phoenix -
pulled a subset of data to the client  using a batch of M queries with N
elements each, and did a join on client side in HSQLDB, which was messy and
inefficient
with phoenix 3.0 we switched to using joins on server side and avoid this
scenario completely

Alex