From Abhilash L L <abhil...@capillarytech.com>
Subject Handling variable length row key component
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 07:40:17 GMT
Hello,

    We are using storing our data on hbase with Phoenix encoding.

    We are creating the composite rowkey ourselves by doing phoenix encode
on each of the row key components and concatenate them as bytes.

    We were wondering how to handle strings as part of the rowkey, since it
is variable length.

    As per your documentation, for variable length columns in the composite
rowkeys, a zero byte character is added.

    We can also add a zero byte character in the end for each variable
length component, so that its queryable from phoenix SQL. But, how do we
handle cases where the string contains a zero byte though unlikely? Does it
require escaping.

Regards,
Abhilash L L
Capillary Technologies
M:919886208262
abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com

Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
 Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy<http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>for
details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
Sender if you have received this email in error.

--
Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy for details.Contents of this email are confidential.
Please contact the Sender if you have received this email in error.