From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to implement custom datatypes
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 16:30:56 GMT
Hi Faisal,
That sounds very interesting. What will be the structure of your custom
data type? Would you be able to get away with using the existing fixed
binary type and interpret the value at the application level? Or perhaps an
array of one of our primitive types? In general, each PDataType maps to a
SQL type (http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/Types.html).
Thanks,
James