Hello Phoenix users,

I wonder if anyone knows how to specify column name in byte for "CREATE VIEW".

I have an existing hbase table in which each  column name is encoded in a single java byte (i.e. values between -128 and 127). How can I create view with column names that map to a byte?

I tried the following:

create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."01" VARCHAR);
create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."\x01" VARCHAR);
create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."1" VARCHAR);

none of them works. Do you have a solution for this?

Best Regards,

Jerry