From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Help to Connect via SQuirrel
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:27:45 GMT

You can put the following configuration settings in hbase-site.xml under the
bin folder and invoke the sqlline.py from bin folder OR you can set
PHOENIX_LIB_DIR env variable such as  export PHOENIX_LIB_DIR=<path to the
hbase-site.xml>:<path to your phoenix home folder> and then invoke sqlline
again.

  <property>

       <name>hbase.defaults.for.version.skip</name>

        <value>true</value>

  </property>

From:  Kleiton Silva <kleiton.contato@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:43 AM
To:  <user@phoenix.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Help to Connect via SQuirrel

I am trying to do the same configuration as in
http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/download.html#SQL-Client, to connect
with Squirrel, but a receive the error bellow:

Environment:

HBASE: /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-0.98.0-hadoop1/bin
PHOENIX: phoenix-4.0.0-incubating
HADOOP: /usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1

HBase test(Commands):

OAK:bin eduardofilho$ ./hbase shell
HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell
Version 0.98.0-hadoop1, r1565492, Thu Feb  6 16:20:15 PST 2014

hbase(main):001:0> scan 'test'
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-0.98.0-hadoop1/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.4.jar!/o
rg/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar!/org/slf4
j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
ROW                   COLUMN+CELL
 row1                 column=cf:a, timestamp=1396129288479, value=value1
 row2                 column=cf:b, timestamp=1396129295034, value=value2
 row3                 column=cf:c, timestamp=1396129303288, value=value3
3 row(s) in 0.1700 seconds

Phoenix Test(Commands)

OAK:bin eduardofilho$ ./sqlline.py oak.local
Setting property: [isolation, TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED]
issuing: !connect jdbc:phoenix:oak.local none none
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver
Connecting to jdbc:phoenix:oak.local
Connected to: Phoenix (version 4.0)
Driver: org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver (version 4.0)
Autocommit status: true
Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED
Building list of tables and columns for tab-completion (set fastconnect to
true to skip)...
53/53 (100%) Done
Done
sqlline version 1.1.2
0: jdbc:phoenix:oak.local> !tables
+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+---------
---+
| TABLE_CAT  | TABLE_SCHEM | TABLE_NAME | TABLE_TYPE |  REMARKS   |
TYPE_NAME  |
+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+---------
---+
| null       | SYSTEM      | CATALOG    | SYSTEM TABLE | null       | null
|
| null       | SYSTEM      | SEQUENCE   | SYSTEM TABLE | null       | null

+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+---------
---+
0: jdbc:phoenix:oak.local>

This command not show my table 'test'

ERROR:

2014-04-02 11:19:48,368 [Thread-8] ERROR
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.gui.db.ConnectToAliasCallBack  -
Unexpected Error occured attempting to open an SQL connection.
java.lang.RuntimeException: hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old
version of HBase (null), this version is 0.98.1-hadoop1
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.checkDefaultsVersion(HBaseConfigu
ration.java:70)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(HBaseConfigurat
ion.java:102)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:11
3)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.ConfigurationFactory$ConfigurationFactoryImpl.getCo
nfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:41)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesOptions.withDefaults(QueryServicesOpti
ons.java:146)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesImpl.<init>(QueryServicesImpl.java:34)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:96
)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriv
er.java:114)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.connect(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.
java:112)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriver
Manager.java:133)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.e
xecute(OpenConnectionCommand.java:97)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.ConnectToAliasCommand$S
heetHandler.run(ConnectToAliasCommand.java:280)
at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.TaskExecuter.run(TaskExecuter.java:82)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

I Would appreciate if someone could me help.

Thanks.

Kleiton

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE